Valore Brand Manager
We are looking for a smart and motivated Brand Strategy Manager to join our brand team.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone with two to five years of ad agency or brand strategy/account planning experience, the ability to solve complex brand and communications challenges in simple, meaningful ways, and the know-how to bring our target audience(s) to life in inspiring creative briefs for the teams. This position is the foundation of our Marketing team, reports to the CMO, and will partner daily with the brand creative team, engineering, executive leadership, and collaborate with teams across the organization.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a keen understanding of the college course materials process. Have you worked in a college store? Great. Are you passionate about college and learning solutions? Great. Are you ready to dive deep into the category to help us better understand a broad range of college students and their engagement? Perfect.
What you'll do
Be a champion of consumer insights and knowledge:
- — Designing, commissioning, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative research
- — Brand health tracking, ad/campaign tracking, segmentation studies
Develop strong written communication plans
- — Work with internal stakeholders and industry experts to harness important industry knowledge
- — Provide crucial industry-specific briefs that are useful to both campus administration and students
Create inspiring creative briefs and outbound communication pieces:
- — Ensure that briefs are inspiring, based on consumer insights, include a clear and single-minded message, and are in line with strategic objectives
- — Partners with creative teams (internal and external) to make creative work better and smarter
Ensure brand consistency:
- — Develop a strong understanding of the Valore brand and strategy to ensure messaging and creative output, brand extensions, brand partners, and brand programs are connected and work together to reinforce the brand growth and target relevance
What you'll have
- — 2-5 years experience in account planning/brand strategy at an agency or client-side
- — Experience in the college/campus industry or high-level familiarity with the education category/culture (college campuses)
- — Qualitative and quantitative consumer research experience
- — Great writer with strong grammatical skills
- — Confident author and presenter of creative briefs
- — A partner to creative, media, product marketing, and research teams
- — Experience developing competitive and landscape analyses, brand positioning and brand architectures
- — A culture junkie who can keep the team up to date on the latest trends and insights
- — A persuasive and inspiring communicator, adept at managing up, down and cross-stream stakeholders in real-time
- — BA/BS or Masters degree
- — Firsthand experience with college focused brands or products
- — Experience in college textbook adoptions, college marketing (career and/or passion)
How to stand out among the rest
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
Of course, we are nothing without our values. Our values ground us. They ensure we run and build a company where people love to work, feel like they are welcomed, included, and belong. Only then can they thrive and do their best work. The values we strive to live every day are:
- — Make it fun
- — Strive for consumer value
- — Elevate teammates
- — Cultivate our community
- — Always level up
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Valore is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing careers@Valore.com.